Monday, August 21, 2006

Look up at the heavens and count the stars

As i was walking home today, looking up at stars, i remebered that verse in Genesis chapter 15. Where Aberham looks up, and God assures him that the number of stars will be his desendents. I thought to my self, wow, God gives us so much blessings, each day he blesses us and he is in control of everything. Every star in the sky, he is in control of, his soverignty is in everything. And i thought to my self, God blesses me each day, even though i am still a sinner. The ministries i am involved in, the friends i have, the family i have, everything, all comes from God!. And to be honest brings me great Joy!, And i have come to reliase more and more each day, that i am fully dependent of God, sermon on sunday helped me to see that aswell, and i should and will continue to Trust in him, and no matter how small or big problem i have, i should give it to God in full trust. For God works for the good of thoes who love him. This is the reason why we need to tell other people about Jesus, Because God uses us, to bring people to him, his spirit convicts them of the truth. Not discarding suffering however, suffering and the gospel go together, if we preach Christ faitfully, suffering will come, however nothing is worth watering down the glory and grace of God. So Proclaim it faithfully!.

I finished my review of myc 2006. Here it is:
MYC. One word. Awesome. I am 2 months late on this review, so I’ll try to write as much as I remember. It was really depressing coming back to reality, the world’s view of life is just so opposite. So what things have I personally learnt this year? Firstly I was encouraged to improve my personal time in prayer and reading. I was encouraged to take the role of a man, to lead in prayer, and to continue finding more and more about the knowledge of truth. God has done so much for us, he has given us his grace, and life through his son, however we still sin, and is sad at times. Another interesting thing I have learnt is this: JOY – Jesus Others Yourself, Jesus is Lord and is the highest priority, with putting others above your self, you can’t be joyful in the work of the Lord if we aren’t concerned for others, and the lost. The other thing I have learnt is the sovereignty of God in all things, His purpose is being worked out in all things, the good times and the bad times, is being worked out for the good of those who love him. Oh, I nearly forgot the topic for MYC this year was the revelation of God; How God has and will reveal himself, mainly he reveals himself through his word and through us. I was also greatly encouraged my friends, and as I hit a number of obstacles at the conference, actually some rather big ones, they where there to help and encourage me and to remind me of God’s word. It has certainly given us incredible fun and challenging memories. In our small groups we were epically looking at 2 Timothy, it was great prep for my sermon. As we looked at 2 timothy, we saw that Paul endured everything for the sake of the elect, for their salvation in Christ Jesus. As a result of Paul’s calling to imitate him as he imitates Jesus, three questions came to us. What am I doing for the work of the Gospel? What can I be doing for the work of the Gospel? And how can I evangelise the world if I cannot evangelise my family?. A friend of mine, who also went, was encouraged that God has planned everything, even the fall, and the death and resurrection of Jesus was all according to God’s definite plan. Our hope rests in the Kingship and Eternal Reign of Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ is Lord of all. Anyways if you haven’t gone before, I highly recommend you to come, it is very edifying and changeling, and trains us up, so that when we you do go home after the conference, you are fired up for the gospel, and not just fired up, but fired up with the Knowledge of truth.
Some picture of the event and this review can be found here
http://dabible.webtized.com/MYC2006.htm

May the God of all grace, who has called us to his eternal glory in Christ, himself restore, establish, strengthen us. To him be the dominion for ever and ever
Amen.
God bless
Laurence.

No comments: